"Graham Pharmacy" was operated by brothers Edwin A (Bus) McNeer and James McNeer in downtown, Bluefield, VA. In 1935, the McNeer brothers opened "New" Graham Pharmacy at 566 Virginia Ave. Upon the death of James McNeer at a young age, pharmacist Briscoe Carlan (Bus McNeer's brother-in-law) joined New Graham Pharmacy. Mr. Carlan was affiliated with several drug stores in the Bluefield area.
Previous to 1924, Bluefield, VA was "Graham", Virginia.
In 1967, pharmacist Bruce Garrison and Linda Garrison (Bus McNeer's daughter) moved to Bluefield, Va and Bruce joined New Graham Pharmacy. Linda Garrison later managed the Corner Stone Gift Shop for a number of years.
New Graham Pharmacy was remodeled in 1987 and the wall torn down between the adjoining building (former Jean Barn and earlier Western Auto) to open The Corner Stone Gift Shop. A contest was held to name the new gift shop and the winning submission was by Wanda McQueen. She felt that New Graham Pharmacy was the "cornerstone" of the town and the gift shop name should reflect that. Bruce retired from the pharmacy in 2000, and Bruce and Linda continued to run the Corner Stone Gift Shop until they both officially retired in 2005.